Moving costs are one of the most frequently asked questions that our clients ask us.
Also, when browsing on different moving blogs, you may see the following questions many times.
- How much should it cost to move a one-bedroom apartment,
- What is the average cost to move a four-bedroom house,
- how much professional movers cost, and how much moving my home costs?
- Generally, what is the cost of moving houses?
And many more similar questions.
You can find a lot of information by typing “moving costs calculator Canada.” However, providing any number regarding moving costs is complicated and is not accurate.
This article tries to explain how moving time and moving costs depend on your right decision.
As you know, the moving cost directly depends on the time that a moving company spends for you. In other words, answering the above questions is not easy at all as the calculation of moving time is not easy. As a mover who is spending many years in the moving business, I admit there is always something that you might not be expecting on your moving day.
SOME EXAMPLES OF MOVING COSTS
As the first example, how would you know about your traffic on your moving day? Imagine, the road is always quiet; however, today, you have an accident on the road that made it busy.
As the second example, sometimes, a coach doesn’t fit the stairway because of a one-inch difference. When bringing the couch in ten years ago, the house was under construction. The movers at that time could fit the sofa as there was no railing at the entrance. Now, the team of movers should either
- Removing the bar,
- sending the couch over the balcony by rope or straps, or
- spending the time to disassemble a very old leg, one of the bolts is stripped. “You just made my day.”
Even if the moving companies are lucky to tell their clients about the old place very precisely, how would they know what the situation would be in the new site? Sometimes, having even one stair on the way makes the moving time and moving costs, as a result, way different than usual.
A professional moving company usually tries to charge by the hour, particularly in local moves. It doesn’t make a problem as long as you hire movers you know or trust. What is essential, you need to make the right decision when hiring a moving company to save money and time. For example, when you have many stairs at the pickup or destination, you might need more local movers to make the moving team efficient. Having just two movers under these circumstances makes them tired and non-efficient in a brief time. As a result, you need to spend a long time and full-day move with additional cost.
- We recommend reading our moving tips for more information regarding how you save your time and have a stress-free move.
- Can I claim my moving costs for my tax return? we recommend you to read our other article (link) on this website
- If you still have any more questions about your upcoming move, please get in touch with us. We send our professional movers and advisers to your place to provide free moving advice and give you the best packing and moving plan.