MOVING COMPANIES UNDER PANDEMIC COVID-19
COVID-19 is everyone's concern. Such as many other occupations, coronavirus has also affected the moving industries as well. What has MVM Moving and storage done to protect its employees and clients when providing moving or packing services?
We explain the last updates in British Columbia.
We have minimized our moving services, packing services, and moving process to:
- work-sharing: rotating our employees help them to get enough rest and practice physical distancing in the workplace.
- Also, keep the minimum number of people at the warehouse and practice physical distancing in the workplace.
ALSO, OUR MOVING COMPANY IMPLEMENTS THE FOLLOWING RULES AND HAS TRAINED THE EMPLOYEES TO:
Sanitizing Vehicles, tools, and equipment:
- Sanitize inside the cab of the moving truck with 70% isopropyl alcohol every day in the morning.
- Sanitize the moving accessories such as blankets and carpet dollies with steam sanitizers and leave them in the store for five days before using them for any subsequent move.
- Moving equipment and tools on each truck are rotated every day, and sanitized moving supplies and packing supplies that have already been left at the warehouse for five days replaced used ones.
- As always, we use brand-new mattress bags to carry your mattresses.
- We cover your furniture with sanitized blankets and wrap them with shrink wrap.
- Sanitize the trucks tools every day with 70% isopropyl alcohol
- Carry a small personal hand sanitizer that we provide in our warehouse
- wear disposable gloves, which they may change a couple of times on the job.
- Wear disposal masks while doing the moving job. Please see also the following links regarding wearing disposal masks.
- We do our best to send the extra movers a separate vehicle to keep the required distance between drivers and swampers. At this moment, we allow only two people to travel with one vehicle. Additional movers and packers will join the team with separate cars.
Regarding plastic boxes
Our free plastic boxes are back in service again.
- We wash our boxes with soap and sanitizers like before and rinse them now with hot water instead of cold water. Using just hot water will not sanitize the containers thoroughly. Still, as we mentioned, we use soap and sanitizers for over 5 minutes on every single box before rinsing them with hot water.
- After that, we leave them at the workshop for five consecutive days before transferring for our clients.
- Our professional movers and packers have received picture instructions on how to protect themselves and our clients.
- Our moving company has asked the movers and packers to monitor any cough, possible fever, or other odd symptoms. We ask them to stay home if they exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms.
- We keep our eyes open if any of our employees show any cough or exhaustion symptoms when they show up.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF OUR CLIENTS
- Would you mind trying to keep the distance from the movers for your and movers' safety? For example, color coding on items and marking moving packages will be beneficial before moving to minimize the communications.
- Even though our movers have their sanitizers, please provide the moving team access to the washroom or sink, soap, and paper towel during the entire moving time or keep a sanitizer handy.
- Would you please not offer or order food for the moving team?
- We mentioned our employees not to ask for any drink from our clients. MVM moving and storage provides bottled water in our warehouse. Our employees can use or carry them every morning before going to the job. Yet, if you offer water or drink, please make sure you offer movers the bottles or cans.
- Would you please keep distance when our employees attend to your place for providing a moving quote or estimates of your moving costs?
- Don't hesitate to get in touch with the main office for any more information or updates.
AFTER YOUR MOVE IS FINISHED, YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN CLEANING YOUR NEW PLACE
After finishing your move, you definitely would like to clean and disinfect different surfaces that many people, including movers, have touched. Here is the list of hard-surface disinfectants that meet Health Canada's requirements for emerging viral pathogens.
IMPORTANT LINKS REGARDING COVID-19
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Prevention and risks
- Local and national resources (coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- What you need to know about BC COVID-19
- BCCDC: Physical Distancing
- Emergency preparedness and response
- COVID – 19 for the public
- Also, please check BC COVID 19 support application
LATEST NEWS IN BRITISH COLUMBIA
- Recall for six Sanitizers: Health Canada recalls six hand sanitizers containing industrial-grade ethanol