MOVING TRUCK RENTAL IN VANCOUVER VS MOVING COMPANIES
It is moving season and a lot of people who plan to move,consider renting a moving van, sometimes even cargo van. However, some prefer to hire professional moving companies Vancouver, Vancouver island, or any other surrounding areas .
But, which one do you think is a better choice for a stress free move?
- Rental moving trucks or,
- hiring a reputable Vancouver moving company on your moving day?
The answer depends on your plan and preparation. There are a lot of different reasons to favor either the “moving truck rental” or the “moving companies” option. It all depends on the following questions
- How much are moving truck rentals in Vancouver and surrounding areas ?
- How much does it cost to rent a truck per day ?
- What is the cost to rent a u haul (as a cheapest example of rental truck company) for one day?
- Do you know how to pack your moving truck?
- Do you know how to prepare your furniture for loading as a professional movers in Vancouver do?
- is your move a residential move, or commercial move?
- Is it a local moving or long distance move?
And, many more questions
scenario 1:moving equipment at your rental moving truck, and movers
The price of rental moving trucks in Vancouver like U-haul, Penske, Driving Force, Discount, seems cheaper than Vancouver moving companies, however, none of these rental trucks come with moving supplies or moving equipment. On the other hand, while the price of moving companies seems more expensive, they come with all required moving supplies and equipment. Also, moving companies in Vancouver come with professional movers, the biggest difference between the two options. In other words, when you rent a moving van or moving truck, you still need to obtain supplies, equipment and professional movers separately.
scenario 2:long trip with your moving van rental
Imagine you want to move from Vancouver, Lower Mainland to Vancouver Island, Victoria, Nanaimo, sechelt, in British Columbia . In fact, you have two choices of “rental moving truck ” or “moving companies”. The rental trucks are cheaper. Also, BC Ferries charges less when you use a rental truck rather than a commercial vehicle. However, in a large move, you need to know how to efficiently load the rental truck. You will still need to rent moving blankets and other equipment. In addition, you will need to gather a team to assist you load the truck. You will also need the second moving team to unload the rental truck in Victoria. Needless to say, the second team has no idea how your belongings were loaded in Vancouver, and increasing the chance of damages during the process.
Apart, if you plan on using a rental truck, you will have to be able to drive a large moving van. In some circumstances, special skills are required. Otherwise, you may end up paying hefty damages to the truck rental companies.
in conclusion, choosing between “moving truck rental” or “moving companies” depends entirely on your plan, budget, other factors. Either way, Metro Vancouver Movers is able to assist you either as a full service company or by providing a moving team to assist you to load your rental truck.
If you live in West Vancouver, Pitt Meadows, Port Moody, North Vancouver, or any other areas in Greater Vancouver, or Fraser Valley, we can help you. Please call if you are looking for a free estimate for your moving services.
- Rental moving truck with one driver or,
- Professional moving helper to load and unload your trucks and trailers or,
- Full service of packing and moving, from bringing free plastic boxes to packing and moving your whole house