RECEIVE THE BEST MOVING QUOTE IN METRO VANCOUVER
- Our moving company in the Lower Mainland doesn’t charge you for travel time or the time we are coming to start your move.
- We calculate the moving time once we arrive, start work at your place of origin, and stop when we finish at your final destination.
- We do not have a fuel charge; we do not have hidden costs.
- Our minimum time in different parts of the Lower Mainland is different, as we will explain later on this page
- Our moving price will change with choosing different damage coverage policies, for instance.
- We minimize your moving costs by providing free-of-charge moving plastic boxes with our moving services.
- Our hourly rate for moving is $165.00 per hour for two movers and a truck for our moving services.
- You may hire any additional mover at $55.00 per hour.
- Please note that the free-of-charge plastic boxes are only available for moves with at least a minimum time of 5 hours. They are not available for services with a minimum time of fewer than 5 hours.
The fleet at Metro Vancouver Movers consists of one-ton, three-ton, and five-ton cube vans and trucks.
WHICH SIZE TRUCK DO YOU NEED?
- A one-ton truck (16 x 7 x 7.5 ft) is enough for a one-bedroom to one-bedroom and den.
- The three-ton trucks (18 x 7 (or 8) x 8 ft) can accommodate two to three-bedroom apartments and small houses with usual furniture and boxes.
- The five-ton trucks (24 x 8 (or 9) x 8 ft) are ideal for more significant moves such as three to five-bedroom houses.
If you are still unsure what kind of moving truck you need, you can call or email to find out more.
HOW MANY MOVERS DO I NEED FOR MY MOVE?
The number of movers affects the moving price or quote. Besides, you need to know that more complicated moves need more movers.
Answering the above question depends on parameters that are as follows;
- Are you going to move out of an apartment or a house?
- For example, when moving out of an apartment, how far is the elevator from your residence?
- Is the loading zone at the truck’s level?
- On the other hand, are there any stairs to the truck if you move your house?
- How many bedrooms do you have in your current place?
- What kinds of furniture do you have?
- Movers can handle light furniture easier than heavier ones.
- Some furniture, such as antique furniture, needs more attention to packing and preparing to move.
And many more questions affect the number of movers we need to hire.
WHY DO WE NEED TO CONSIDER THE NUMBER OF MOVERS HERE?
Moving is undoubtedly an energy-demanding job. If you have arranged two men and a truck for your local move and think the moving process might take more than 6 hours, you need the third mover.
As such, if you have already arranged your moving service with a team of three men and a truck and you think the time of your moving process might take more than 6 hours, you need to reconsider the number of movers.
Moving trucks and the number of movers directly affect the time of your moving services and your moving quote or moving cost.
HOW MUCH DO MOVERS COST; HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HIRE PROFESSIONAL MOVERS?
Vancouver moving companies have a minimum time charge depending on the different parts of the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
What is the minimum time?
The minimum time is when moving companies charge the clients as a minimum charge of their services. For example, a company considers its minimum time 5 hours, which means if they finish their job in less than 5 hours, the moving company charges the client 5 hours.
The rate or price for your moving services is different depending on the size of the move, the truck that you would need, and many other parameters such as;
- How far are we from your current place,
- How far your destination will be from our site,
- what kind of moving truck will you need,
- Suppose you would like to use our free-of-charge totes. These boxes make your move fast, more secure, affordable, and cheap. Please go to free-of-charge totes for more information about our terms and policiesfree-of-charge totes.
Depending on these factors, we have a minimum time in different Metro Vancouver and Fraser Valley. The following map shows you our minimum time in your area.
- If you move from city A to city B, we calculate the more significant number as your minimum time. For example, if you move from Vancouver to Chilliwack, our minimum time will be 6-9 hours, depending on different parameters.
- What is the size of the moving truck that you would need?
- Do you want to use our free-of-charge plastic boxes?
- To give you more details about our minimum time policies in your area, you can run the following chart that provides you with the minimum time based on the postal code.
- As we have recently launched the following form, we would appreciate your feedback when using the form.
- For the final price and booking, please call the main office at (604) 970 2233.
- At a rate of 5%, GST applies to the rates provided.
- We will provide the moving supplies at an additional cost.
MANDATORY MOVING SUPPLIES
Preventing damage and maintaining the cleanliness of client belongings is of utmost importance. To do so, we will provide the necessary moving supplies. These supplies include;
- Shrinkwrap…………………………………………….………………… $ 25.00/ per roll
- Heavy-duty Queen mattress bag (New)……………… $ 15.00/each
- Heavy-duty King mattress cover (New)…………….. $ 15.00/each
- Tape……………………………………………………………..………….. $ 8.00/ per roll
For questions regarding your moving quote, please call 604 970 2233 or 604 970 7004.
HOW MUCH DO LONG DISTANCE MOVERS COST?
In the case of a long-distance moving price, please get in touch with our office.
When booking your moving services, our moving company recommends you provide us with more details. We can help you if you need to hire two men, a truck, or more people in your moving crew.
FLAT MOVING QUOTE FOR YOUR MOVE
If you are looking for an exact price or flat rate move in greater Vancouver, Burnaby, and surrounding areas, we need to arrange a time to provide you with a flat moving rate. We make an arrangement based on your convenient time and meet at your place for a free estimate. We will provide you with a written moving estimate or moving quote in the next step.
For any further questions regarding our Vancouver movers rates or moving costs, please call us at (604) 970 2233.
PRICE OF LOADING OR UNLOADING YOUR RENTAL TRUCK OR MOBILE STORAGE IN THE LOWER MAINLAND AND FRASER VALLEY
For labour or moving help, the rate and price and our policies are almost the same, but the cost and minimum time are different in different parts of the Lower Mainland.
Our basic price for moving help is 125.00 per hour for two movers. For more information about our minimum time policies in loading or unloading service, please get in touch with the main office.
Like your moving services, for any extra help, we have a charge of 60.00 per hour. For example, for a team of three movers, we charge 185.00 per hour as we start to finish the job.
RATE AND PRICE OF PACKING SERVICES IN THE LOWER MAINLAND AND FRASER VALLEY
Our basic price for packing is 125.00 per hour for two packers. We charge differently in different parts of the city for the minimum time. Please get in touch with the main office for more information about our minimum time policies in packing.
Like your regular moving service, for any extra packer, we have a charge of 60.00 per hour. For example, for a team of three packers, we charge 185.00 per hour as we start to finish the packing job.
It would be a good idea to contact our main office to send someone to your place and ask us for an official written quote for your packing services.
We are a full-service moving company. So, we can provide all your needs on the packing day, such as cardboard boxes, free plastic boxes, labels, bubble wrap, and many other packing supplies.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need to pack and move today.
Moving Prices for long-distance moving services
The above prices are valid for local moving services in Vancouver, BC. In other words, if you are moving from or to the cities such as Port Moody, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, or Port Coquitlam, we provide moving services at an hourly rate.
As one of the long-distance moving companies in Vancouver, we provide you with a flat fee if you move out of Vancouver, BC, such as Vancouver Islands, or out of British Columbia. We send our representative to your current Vancouver location to provide a flat rate fee for your move.
OFFICIAL MOVING QUOTE:
MVM Moving and Storage (DBA: Metro Vancouver Movers) only provides flat moving quotes by email or fax.
Employees visiting your place are not authorized to provide flat estimates or moving quotes at the location. Therefore, flat estimates or moving quotes provided over the phone or at the job site are unacceptable. We rely on our written quotation by email or fax.
FAQ: DO YOU CHARGE FOR YOUR BREAK TIME?
Sometimes, the moving time is longer than the movers or clients expect. Therefore, movers need to take break-time.
One of the questions regarding the moving price is, “do you charge for your break time?” Our answer is NO; we do not. We pay our movers, but we do not charge our clients.